Karissa Cooney's Spicy Chicken and Slaw Sandwich
Chicken and Slaw Sandwich
Spicy Chicken and Slaw Sandwich Recipe: Use this spicy aioli as a topping for sandwiches or serve on fish for a creamy bite.
- For the Spicy Aioli:
- 3 cups Mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons Sriracha (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 Lemons; squeezed for juice
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 6 cloves garlic; finely grated
- For the Spicy Slaw:
- 1 bag pre-chopped Coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrots)
- 1/2 Red Onion; finely chopped
- 1 cup Spicy Aioli
- For the Spicy Chicken:
- 6 thinly sliced Chicken Cutlets
- Spicy Aioli Sauce
- 1 Bag Kettle Cooked Potato Chips; crushed (kitchen cape cod or kettle brand)
- Cooking Spray
- For the Sandwich:
- Prepared chip-breaded chicken
- Prepared spicy slaw
- 6 Large Club Rolls (soft hoagie or torpedo roll)
- 2 Avocados (sliced)
- 12 Slices Cooked Bacon
- Romaine Lettuce (chopped)
- Sliced Dill Pickles (optional)
- Extra Kettle-Cooked Chips
Karissa's Winning Sandwich Recipe
3 cups Mayonnaise
4 tablespoons Sriracha (or to taste)
1 1/2 Lemons; squeezed for juice
1 teaspoon Paprika
6 cloves garlic; finely grated
For the Spicy Aioli: Mix all ingredients together and set aside.
1 bag pre-chopped Coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrots)
1/2 Red Onion; finely chopped
1 cup Spicy Aioli
For the Spicy Slaw: Mix together the slaw and red onion. Incorporate enough Spicy Aioli to make a fairly wet slaw mixture. Set aside in fridge to let it get cold.
For the Spicy Chicken: Preheat oven to 400º F. Lightly grease a baking sheet. In large ziptop bag, add 1 to 2 cups flour, salt and pepper. Dredge each chicken cutlet by placing inside the ziptop bag with flour and shake well until each piece is coated.
6 Thinly sliced Chicken Cutlets
Spicy Aioli Sauce
1 Bag Kettle Cooked Potato Chips; crushed (kitchen cape cod or kettle brand)
In a bowl, using 1/3 of the spicy aioli, dredge the floured chicken cutlets, until coated well completely. On a plate, lay out crushed chips to coat the chicken. Press chips into chicken to adhere completely. Lay "chip-breaded" chicken out on baking sheet in a single layer and bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Prepared chip-breaded chicken
Prepared spicy slaw
6 Large Club Rolls (soft hoagie or torpedo roll)
2 Avocados (sliced)
12 Slices Cooked Bacon
Romaine Lettuce (chopped)
Sliced Dill Pickles (optional)
Extra Kettle-Cooked Chips
For the Sandwich: Lightly toast the club rolls until warm on the inside, toasty on the outside. Cut in half and scoop out some of the filling. Layer sandwich in this order: chopped lettuce, 1 to 2 slices bacon broken into pieces, 1 warm chicken cutlet, slices of avocado, heaping amount of Spicy Slaw, I add a couple of slices of crunchy pickles (optional), top with extra kettle cooked chips. Cut in half and serve with extra Spicy Aioli.
1. It’s better to bake the chicken rather than fry it to keep the chip coating from falling off.
2. Baking the bacon in the oven can help make it extra crispy.