Chicken and Slaw Sandwich
Karissa Cooney's Spicy Chicken and Slaw Sandwich
- For the Spicy Aioli:
- 3 cups Mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons Sriracha(or to taste)
- 1 1/2 Lemons; squeezed for juice
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 6 cloves garlic; finely grated
For the Spicy Slaw:
- 1 bag pre-chopped Coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrots)
- 1/2 Red Onion; finely chopped
- 1 cup Spicy Aioli
For the Spicy Chicken:
- 6 thinly sliced Chicken Cutlets
- Spicy Aioli Sauce
- 1 Bag Kettle Cooked Potato Chips; crushed (kitchen cape cod or kettle brand)
- Cooking Spray
For the Sandwich:
- Prepared chip-breaded chicken
- Prepared spicy slaw
- 6 Large Club Rolls (soft hoagie or torpedo roll)
- 2 Avocados (sliced)
- 12 Slices Cooked Bacon
- Romaine Lettuce (chopped)
- Sliced Dill Pickles (optional)
- Extra Kettle-Cooked Chips
- For the Spicy Aioli: Mix all ingredients together and set aside.
- For the Spicy Slaw: Mix together the slaw and red onion. Incorporate enough Spicy Aioli to make a fairly wet slaw mixture. Set aside in fridge to let it get cold.
- For the Spicy Chicken: Preheat oven to 400º F. Lightly grease a baking sheet. In large ziptop bag, add 1 to 2 cups flour, salt and pepper. Dredge each chicken cutlet by placing inside the ziptop bag with flour and shake well until each piece is coated.
- In a bowl, using 1/3 of the spicy aioli, dredge the floured chicken cutlets, until coated well completely. On a plate, lay out crushed chips to coat the chicken. Press chips into chicken to adhere completely. Lay "chip-breaded" chicken out on baking sheet in a single layer and bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- For the Sandwich: Lightly toast the club rolls until warm on the inside, toasty on the outside. Cut in half and scoop out some of the filling. Layer sandwich in this order: chopped lettuce, 1 to 2 slices bacon broken into pieces, 1 warm chicken cutlet, slices of avocado, heaping amount of Spicy Slaw, I add a couple of slices of crunchy pickles (optional), top with extra kettle cooked chips. Cut in half and serve with extra Spicy Aioli.