Kate's Kale & Almond Pesto
Make some delicious pasta and top it with kale pesto!
- step-by-step directions
Kate’s Kale & Almond Pesto
- 1 pound dry campanelle pasta
- 4 cups baby kale
- 1 cup almonds (1/2 cup for pesto sauce and 1/2 cup for garnish)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (plus more to garnish)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon (each) kosher salt and black pepper (freshly ground)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- On a baking sheet, add almonds and roast until fragrant, 10-12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, add 1/2 cup roasted almonds and pulse 3-4 times until chopped. Remove to a small bowl and set aside.
- To a clean food processor, add kale, grated Parmesan, garlic cloves, remaining almonds, lemon juice, chili flake, salt and pepper. Pulse till chopped. Slowly stream in olive oil while pulsing, until smooth. Adjust for seasoning.
- Transfer pesto to a large serving bowl. Set aside.
- Fill a large pot 3/4 to the top with cold water. Bring to boil. Once water comes to rolling boil, salt the water liberally before dropping your pasta into the boiling water. Cook until pasta is "al dente" (firm bite about 8-10 mins). Reserve 1 cup pasta water. Drain pasta.
- To serving bowl, add cooked pasta and some liquid to pesto. Toss to coat pasta.
- Serve immediately and garnish with freshly grated Parmesan and leftover chopped roasted almonds.
Peach Cobbler with Raspberry Coulis
Havarti and Horseradish Stovetop Mac and Cheese
Spicy Honey Dijon Coleslaw
Spice-Rubbed Smoked Chicken
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar
T-Bone Steak with Green Bean Salad
Ginger Cinnamon Funnel Cakes
Strawberry Malted Milkshake
Cheddar Pretzel Chicken with Spicy Corn Relish
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel