Kathy's Spicy Chicken
Make this a staple for your weeknight dinner!
- step-by-step directions
- 4 large chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried coriander
- 1 tablespoon chicken seasoning
- 1 blub garlic (outside skin removed and cloves broken apart)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bunches asparagus (about 40 spears)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled, smashed)
- Forbidden Black Rice:
- 2 cups forbidden black rice
- 4 cups water (or amount listed on package instructions)
Thursday Night Salad:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic (peeled)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 heads romaine lettuce
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 avocados (peeled, pitted, diced)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pistachios (chopped)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- For Kathy's Spicy Chicken: In a shallow bowl, stir together dried basil, pepper, cumin, oregano, coriander, and chicken seasoning. Brush chicken with olive oil, shaking off any excess and dredge in spices.
- Toss garlic bulb in olive oil and place in bottom of 9 x 13 pan . Place seasoned chicken on top of the garlic. Place in the oven and bake until internal temperature registers 165ºF, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Leave the oven on.
- For Asparagus: In a large bowl, toss asparagus with olive oil and garlic and remove to a baking sheet. Place in a preheated oven and roast until golden brown and tender, about 20 minutes.
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- For Thursday Night Salad: In a medium bowl, whisk the olive oil into the balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard until it is fully incorporated and emulsified. Season with salt and pepper. Float the garlic clove in the dressing and let sit for at least one hour or until ready to serve. The vinaigrette can be kept in a glass container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- In a large bowl, toss together, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, raisins and walnuts. Drizzle the balsamic vinaigrette around the edges of the bowl and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve the chicken warm with a side of asparagus and salad.
rate this recipe
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Basic Roast Chicken
Herby Store Bought Tomato Sauce
Quick Tomato Sauce
Classic Tomato Sauce
Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Crepe
Bologna Fried Rice
Kal's Spicy Salsa
Roasted Portobello Tacos with Cabbage Slaw and Smashed Avocado
Cheddar Chicken Enchilada Skillet
Carrot Cake Poppers