Kebab up your dinner with Daphne's delicious dish with dipping sauce!
Kofte Bites with Yogurt-Honey Dip
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Mint
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 pound Ground Lamb
- 1 Large Sweet Vidalia Onion (grated)
- 1/4 cup Chopped Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley (plus more to garnish)
- 1 large Egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 slice Day-Old Bread; crusts removed (soaked in 1/4 cup whole milk; just to wet)
- Olive Oil
- Yogurt-Honey Dip
- 1 1/2 cups Greek Yogurt (or plain yogurt strained overnight)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Local Honey
- 2 Limes (zest and juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom
- Salt (to taste)
- In a small bowl, combine the Oregano, Mint, Cardamom, Cumin, Cinnamon, Smoked Paprika, and Salt and mix thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, combine the Beef, Lamb, Onions, Parsley, and Egg. Squeeze the Bread to remove most of the milk and add the Bread to the meat mixture; mix thoroughly to incorporate. Add the spice mixture to the Beef mixture and use your hands or a wooden spoon to combine the well.
- Wet your hands with water and form 16 loosely packed patties about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, rolling the mixture into a ball between your hands and then gently patting each down to flatten to an even thickness. Place the patties on a parchment-lined baking sheet, pressing thumb into the center of each patty to form a small indentation.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add a few tablespoons of Olive Oil, and arrange the Kofte in the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side for medium.
- Serve warm with the Yogurt-Honey Dip.
- For Yogurt-Honey Dip: Combine the ingredients in a bowl and stir until evenly combined. Adjust seasoning to taste. (Dip can be made ahead and stored in the fridge until ready to serve.