Not your boring beef, lamb adds a little deliciousness to your next pot of chili
- step-by-step directions
- 2 pounds Lamb Shoulder and Leg (cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion (chopped)
- 3/4 cup Celery (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Carrot (chopped)
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Serrano Chiles
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Hot Pimentón
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Tomato Paste
- 3 tablespoons Harissa (plus more to garnish)
- 2 - 15 1/2 ounce cans of Chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup Chopped Tomatoes
- Cilantro (chopped)
- Preserved Lemons (sliced to garnish)
- Jalapenos (chopped)
- Scallions (chopped)
- Season the Lamb generously with Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper.
- Heat a large, heavy bottomed Futch oven over medium-high heat. Add a few tablespoons of Olive Oil and sear the Lamb deeply on all sides, and then remove to a plate. Add the Red Onion, Celery, and Carrot to the pan with a pinch of Salt, and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the Garlic, Serrano Chiles, hot Pimentón, Ground Ginger, Turmeric, Cumin, and Cinnamon and cook just until fragrant, about a minute. Add the Tomato Paste, and stir to coat everything, allowing the Tomato Paste to rust, about a minute, then add the Harissa and then add the Water, Chickpeas, Chopped Tomatoes, and the Lamb back into the Dutch oven. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 45 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with Cilantro, preserved Lemon, Jalapeno, Scallion, and Cilantro.
German Potato Salad
Spicy Turkey Lime Soup
Korean BBQ Tacos
Polenta Souffle with Pecorino and Black Pepper
Maple Bacon Cupcakes
Buttermilk Roasted Chicken with Baby Arugula Salad
Strawberry Raspberry "Napoleons"
Lightened Up Turkey Patty Melt
Patty Melt with Sauerkraut
The World's Best Baked Ziti
Grilled Mortadella and Goat Cheese Packets