Not your mother's meatloaf, this comfort food on a bun will be a hit even with the pickiest of eaters!
Lamb Meatloaf Sliders
- 2 pounds Ground Lamb
- 1 Red Onion (finely minced)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Serrano Chiles (stemmed; seeded; minced)
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Hot Pimentón
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Tomato Paste
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (finely chopped)
- Olive Oil
- 1 cup Yogurt
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 3 tablespoons Mint (chiffonade)
- 12 Mini Slider Buns (split and toasted)
- Combine the Lamb, Onion, Garlic, Serrano, Cumin, Pimentón, Ginger, Turmeric, Cinnamon, Tomato Paste, Egg, Breadcrumbs, Cilantro, and Salt and Pepper. Work with your hands into a homogenous mixture, but don't overwork.
- Form into golf ball sized patties. Flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Preheat a well-oiled griddle or non-stick pan with a tablespoon of Olive Oil to medium-high heat. Cook the patties for 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- While the patties rest, stir together the Yogurt, Lemon Zest, and Mint.
- Builder the sliders with a meatloaf patty topped with Minted Yogurt and a smear of Harissa on the top bun. Top with the other half of the bun and serve.