Butter up your sweetie by making this amazing side dish for your next date night!
Last Supper Buttered Tarragon Peas
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup minced Shallots
- Kosher Salt
- 2 cups Cooked Fresh Peas or Thawed Frozen Peas
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh Tarragon Leaves; plus whole leaves for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Grated Lemon Zest
- 1/4 cup Water
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the Butter over medium-low heat. Add the Shallots and 1/4 teaspoon Salt. Cook, stirring, until the Shallots are just translucent, about 1 minute. Add the Peas, reduce the heat to low, and cook, stirring, until heated through.
- Add the Tarragon, Thyme, Lemon Zest, Water, and remaining 1 tablespoon Butter. Cook, stirring, until the Peas are glazed, about 5 minutes. Garnish with Tarragon leaves and serve immediately.