Spicy Beef Soup
Latin Beef Stew
- Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Beef Chuck (cut into 1-1 1/2-inch chunks)
- Salt and freshly ground Pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 Red Onion (fine dice)
- 1 small Carrot (chopped)
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro (plus more to garnish)
- 1 1/2 packets Adobo Beef Bouillon
- 2 cups Low Sodium Beef Broth (split)
- 2 large Potatoes (peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks)
- Lime wedges (to garnish)
- White Rice to serve
- Season the beef with salt, freshly ground pepper, and 1 teaspoon cumin.
- In a dutch oven over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Brown the beef on all sides and remove to a plate. Drain excess fat, then add the 1 1/2 cups broth. Return the meat to the broth bring to a boil. Add bouillon. Reduce to a simmer and cook partially covered for 45 minutes, or until beef is tender.
- In a food processor, combine half of the red onion, carrot, garlic, jalapeno, 1/2 bunch cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and 1/2 cup broth. Puree into a smooth paste and add to broth. Add potatoes and continue to simmer partially covered until potatoes are tender.
- Serve stew over white rice, garnished with reserved red onion, cilantro leaves, and lime wedges.