Your usual latke, but with a fun twist!
- step-by-step directions
- canola oil or non-stick cooking spray (to grease)
- 1 large yellow onion (peeled, cut into chunks)
- 4 large Russet potatoes (peeled)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup matzo meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (to drizzle)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- cream cheese with maple syrup
- mango chutney
- sour cream with red horseradish
- apple sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a cupcake tin with oil or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of food processor fitted with the grating attachment, add the onions and pulse until shredded. Remove to a colander lined with a towel or cheesecloth over a large bowl to catch the excess liquid or use a hand grater.
- Add the potatoes to the food processor and pulse until shredded or use a hand grater. Remove the potatoes to the colander with the onions. Squeeze out excess liquid with the towel.
- Remove the potato mixture to a large bowl and add the eggs, matzo meal, baking powder and salt. Quickly mix before it turns brown. Fill cupcake tins halfway.
- Using a teaspoon, drizzle tops with olive oil and bake for 25-30 minutes, until tops are golden. Once cooled, pop them out onto paper-towel lined plates. Serve with applesauce, cream cheese with maple syrup, mango chutney and sour cream with red horseradish.
- Tip: 1. Perfect dish to bring to a party. Just warm the latkes right before the meal and serve with a toppings bar.
- 2. Swap the potato out for sweet potato or squash.
Similar categories: Muffins, Scones, Coffee Cakes & Other Sweet Breads
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bark
Shrimp with Sherry Cream Sauce
Bone Broth Lentil Soup
Asian Chicken Meatball Sub
Nashville Hot Fish with Hushpuppies
Braised Pork Chilaquiles
Autumn Pinata Cake
Bundt Pan Lasagna
Red Wine Braised Short Ribs with Gremolata
Fall Harvest Hungarian Goulash
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Curried Yogurt and Scallions