Give your lamb roast a leftover makeover!
Clinton Kelly's Leftover Lamb Samosas with Mint
- 2 cups Roast Lamb (chopped into small pieces)
- 2 cups Minted Peas
- 2 cups Mashed Potatoes
- 1 Package Storebought Pie Dough
- 1/2 Onion (minced)
- 1/4 cup Mint Leaves (torn)
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil and add the onion. Sauté until softened, then add the lamb, and peas. Once warm add to bowl with mashed potatoes (should have equal parts lamb, peas and potatoes). Add the mint and fold together. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, on a floured work surface, using a 6-inch ring mold, cut out circles of dough. Cut the circles in half.
- Spoon a small amount of the filling into each of the half moons. Fold the dough and filling over into a cone and then seal the end with a dampened finger.
- Preheat oil to 360F.
- Fry each samosa until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve with mixed greens with yogurt vinaigrette.