Leftover Taco Pie
Take your leftover tacos and create a delicious Taco Pie!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 cups leftover corn taco shells (about 12 hard corn taco shells) or tortilla chips
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar (shredded, divided)
- 1 can refried beans (divided, 15 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups leftover browned taco meat, shredded chicken, or pot roast
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chiptole in adobo sauce
- 1 cup leftover shredded iceberg lettuce (to serve)
- 1 cup leftover diced tomato (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In the bowl of a food processor add taco shells and pulse until ground into small pieces. Add 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese to food processor and pulse until the cheese is in small pieces. Spray an 8-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray, add the taco shell mixture and press to coat bottom. Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted and crust has set. Remove from the oven to a baking rack and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, spread half of the refried beans on top of the crust. Top with leftover taco meat and sprinkle with half the cheddar cheese. Add remaining refried beans and finish with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until the cheese melts and meat is heated through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl add the sour cream and chipotle in adobo sauce and mix to combine.
- Top pie with iceberg lettuce, tomatoes and drizzle of chipotle sour cream. Serve.
- Tip: For easy refried beans, use your leftover black beans or pinto beans warmed in 1/2 cup-3/4 cup chicken stock or water. Once warm, mash the beans with the back a fork until smooth.
Peppermint Chocolate Torte
Fried Meatballs Stuffed with Mozzarella
Gingerbread Man Cookie Sandwiches
Perfectly Spiced Roast Chicken
Classic Holiday Brisket
5 Ingredient Crinkle Cookies
Polenta with Sausage Ragu and Fresh Mozzarella
Roasted Pork Shoulder in Banana Leaf
Holiday Gingerbread Cookie