Leg of Lamb with Roasted Potatoes
This year treat your family to a delicious leg of lamb for Easter. It's simple to make and will be an immediate hit.
- step-by-step directions
Leg of Lamb with Roasted Potatoes
- For the Leg of Lamb:
- 6 Shallots (minced)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Rosemary
- 1/4 cup Fresh Oregano
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Coriander Seeds (toasted and crushed)
- 1 tablespoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 6- For the Roasted Potatoes: pound For the Roasted Potatoes: Bone-in Leg of Lamb For the Roasted Potatoes:
- Nonstick vegetable cooking oil spray
- 4 pounds Unpeeled Fingerling Potatoes (rinsed and halved lengthwise)
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 6 tablespoons Fresh Chopped Dill
- 4 teaspoons Finely grated Lemon Peel
- 24 Garlic Cloves (sliced)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
For the Tzatziki Sauce:
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cucumber
- Kosher Salt
- Juice and Zest of 2 Lemons
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Fresh Mint
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Minced Shallot
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- For the Leg of Lamb: Mix together in a medium bowl the shallots, garlic, rosemary, oregano, sugar, coriander, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Rub the mixture all over the surface of the lamb. Place in a large glass baking dish, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the lamb from the baking dish, rinse off the seasonings, and pat dry. Let the lamb sit a room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Heat a roasting pan or large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the lamb and brown on all sides, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the lamb, fat side up, to a roasting rack set into a roasting pan. If you have extra rosemary lay the sprigs over the lamb with a drizzle of olive oil over the top. Roast until the lamb reaches an internal temperature of 140F, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove the lamb from the pan and set it aside to rest for 20 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
- For the Potatoes: Position 1 rack in top third and 1 rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 375°.
- Spray 2 large rimmed baking sheets with nonstick spray.
- Toss potatoes with 1/2 cup olive oil in large bowl. Sprinkle generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Spread potatoes in single layer on baking sheets, dividing equally. Roast 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, dill, and lemon peel in small bowl to blend for dressing.
- Toss garlic and 2 tablespoons dressing in another small bowl. Divide garlic mixture between baking sheets with potatoes and toss; reverse baking sheets and continue to roast until potatoes are tender and brown around edges, about 15 minutes longer.
- Toss roasted potatoes in large bowl with enough of remaining dressing to coat and serve.
- For the Tzatziki Sauce: Put the yogurt in cheesecloth-lined strainer and set over a bowl and let drain for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Peel and dice the cucumber, sprinkle it with salt and place in a strainer at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours to drain.
- Stir together the yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice and zest, mint, garlic, and shallot in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Similar categories: Ingredients Lamb Courses & Meals Dinner Holidays & Occasions Easter Techniques Roasting
The Garibaldi Wallbanger
Swiss Chard and Ricotta Bruschetta
Lobster Roll and Quick-Pickled Cucumber Salad
Spaghetti with Ramps and Pecorino
Black-Eyed Peas and Pimento Cheese Nachos
Pork with Gingered Plums
Spicy Fried Shrimp
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
Blackberry Ricotta Pizza
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Peanut Brittle
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice