Lemon Bundt Cake
Make a legendary bundt cake just like the legendary Darlene Love!
- step-by-step directions
Lemon Bundt Cake
- nonstick cooking spray with flour
- 1 stick butter (softened to room temperature)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- 3 ounce box lemon gelatin
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 1/2 stick butter (melted)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- edible silver glitter and stars (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray Bundt pan with nonstick spray.
- In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add butter and sugar and cream until pale yellow.
- Add the eggs one at a time until incorporated. Add the vanilla, oil, lemon juice and apricot nectar, and mix until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour and baking powder. With the standing mixer on low, add dry ingredients. Mix for 30 seconds. Add lemon gelatin and mix just to combine.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Place in oven and immediately reduce oven temperature to 325ºF. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely in the pan, about 20 minutes.
- Loosen sides, turn pan onto cake plate.
- For Icing: in a large bowl, add the butter and lemon juice and whisk to combine. Add powdered sugar and whisk until smooth and to desired consistency.
- Drizzle icing over cooled cake. Decorate with edible glitter and stars.
rate this recipe
Oven Smoked Lamb Ribs with Potato and Pea Salad
Banana Cream Pie
Spring Three Bean Salad
Grilled Greens Salad
Lightened Up Chickpea and Mushroom Meatball Platter
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Poblano Vinaigrette and Goat Cheese Cream
Not Your Mama's Pigs in a Blanket
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Strawberry Pie with Brown Butter Crust
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)