Serve this butter slathered chicken up for your next dinner party!
Lemon Butter Chicken with Asparagus
- 4 boneless; skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 stick Butter
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 pound Prosciutto
- 1/4 pound Provolone (sliced)
- 1 bunch Asparagus (tough ends removed; cut in 1-inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon Freshly Chopped Parsley
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Season the Flour with Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper. Whisk the Egg in a shallow dish. Coat the Chicken in Flour, dip in Egg and then dredge in Flour again shaking off excess.
- Heat large non-stick skillet over medium with 1/4-inch Oil. Add the Chicken Breast and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden. Remove Chicken to a paper towel lined plate.
- Wipe out excess Oil from pan with a paper towel and return pan to heat. Deglaze with Wine, scraping up brown bits and reduce by half.
- Add Butter and allow to melt. Stir in the juice of Lemon. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Return Chicken to the pan and baste with sauce. Reserve remaining sauce in pan.
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Remove the pieces of Chicken from the sauce to the baking sheet, reserving the sauce in the pan. Top each piece of Chicken with Prosciutto and Provolone.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until Chicken is cooked through and Cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, steam Asparagus in a steamer basket over boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to an ice bath to shock.
- Strain out Asparagus and season with Salt and Pepper. Transfer steamed Asparagus to the reserved Lemon Butter sauce and toss to coat.
- Slice up the Chicken and platter with the Asparagus and remaining sauce. Sprinkle with Parsley to garnish.