If you're a lobster lover you are sure to love this one!
- step-by-step directions
- 6 large ripe tomatoes (2 red, 2 yellow, 2 green like Zebra)
- 8 ounces lobster tails and claws
- 1 red bell pepper (stem and seeds removed, cut into 1/8-inch dice)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (stem and seeds removed, cut into 1/8-inch dice)
- 1 English cucumber (peeled and seeds removed, cut into 1/8-inch dice)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 fresh chive stems (cut into 1-inch lengths)
- 1/2 ounce caviar (golden whitefish, paddledish, steelhead, optional)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and set up a large bowl of ice water next to the pot. Cut out the cores on the top of each tomato and discard. With a pairing knife, make a shallow X-mark on the bottom of each tomato, only cutting through the skin. Boil the tomatoes until the skin starts to soften, about 15-20 seconds. Remove the tomatoes from the boiling water and place immediately into the ice bath. Remove the tomatoes, peel off the skins and discard skins. Cut the tomatoes in half, squeeze cut side down to remove the seeds. Discard all of the seeds.
- Puree the three types of tomatoes one at a time through a food mill. Refrigerate the three purees separately.
- Place 2-inches of water in a large pot and add a steamer rack. Bring to a boil, add the lobster and cover. Allow the lobster to steam for 8-12 minutes or until bright red, opaque, cooked through. Remove from the pot and allow to cool. Remove the meat from the claws and tails, and chill in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, slice the lobster meat.
- Combine the peppers and cucumbers in a bowl. Add the lemon juice, sesame oil, a pinch of each salt and pepper. Mix and refrigerate (not for more than 10 minutes).
- Mix each of the tomato purees with a small pinch each of salt and pepper, and whisk 2 tablespoons of the remaining olive oil into each puree. Pour the purees onto chilled large shallow plates, making whatever patterns you like. Place the lobster meat in the center of the plate, and scatter the bell pepper and cucumber mixture around the plates. Sprinkle the chives on top of the fish, garnish with three types of caviar and serve immediately.
- Tip: Instead of lobster, use any flaky white fish, grilled or broiled.
Peach Pie Pinwheels
Cherry Pecan Monkey Bread
Chilled Corn Soup with Ancho Chili Puree
Chimichurri Grilled Wings
Crispy Ginger Thai Wings
Jerk Chicken Egg Rolls
Grilled Cornbread with Blueberry Compote
Grilled Lobster Tails with Lime Basil Butter
Grilled Flank Steak with Blue Cheese Red Onions
Taleggio and Salami Panini
Soft Shell Crab Falsi Testaroli with Lemon Tomato Basil Sauce
Pineapple Foster with Pound Cake