So simple and so delicious!
- step-by-step directions
- 4 frozen lobster tails
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion (peeled, roughly chopped)
- 1 stalk celery (roughly chopped)
- 8 cups seafood stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek (rinsed, white and light green parts only, finely diced)
- 1 yellow onion (peeled, finely diced)
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cups chives (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (freshly grated, divided)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- For the Lobster Stock: In a large saucepan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onion and celery, and cook until soft and translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add the frozen lobster tails, seafood stock, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 10-12 minutes. Remove the lobster tails and set aside to cool. When cool enough to handle, remove the meat, chop, and set aside. Strain the stock and return to the saucepan, keeping on low until ready to use.
- For the Lobster Risotto: In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once melted, add the onion and leek, season with salt, and cook until soft and translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Add the rice, stirring to coat. Add the wine and allow to cook until the wine has been absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of lobster stock to the rice and stir continuously until the stock has nearly absorbed, about 2 minutes. Continue to add stock, 1 cup at a time, stirring continuously until nearly absorbed before adding the next cup. Repeat until the rice is tender and risotto is a creamy texture, about 20 minutes. Stir in 3/4-cups of the Parmigiano-Reggiano. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in the chopped lobster meat and 3 tablespoons of the chives, and cook until lobster is warmed through, about 1-2 minutes. Divide risotto evenly amongst 4 bowls and garnish with remaining 1/4 cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano and tablespoon of chives.
- Tip: Top any leftover risotto with a poached egg for a savory breakfast bowl!
rate this recipe
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Strawberry Pie with Brown Butter Crust
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)
Pan-Seared Salmon with White Wine Butter Sauce, Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes
Broccoli Cheddar Oatmeal Bake
Roasted Chicken and Pimento Mac and Cheese
Fried Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Stout Ice cream
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Basic Roast Chicken