Lobster Roll and Quick-Pickled Cucumber Salad
Simple, decedent, and delicious!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 4 lobsters (1 pound each)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 bunch chives (finely chopped, plus more to garnish)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 top sliced hot dog buns
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Kettle Chips (individual small bags, to serve)
Quick-Pickled Cucumber Salad:
- 1 English cucumber (cut into 1/2 inch rounds)
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill (chopped)
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flake
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- For Lobster Rolls: Fill a large pot with water and season it generously with salt. Squeeze the juice of one lemon into the water and add the squeezed lemon halves, peppercorns and parsley to the pot. Bring the water to a boil and add the lobsters. Cover and cook for 11 minutes. Remove the lobsters to a cutting board and set aside to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, remove the lobster meat from the claws, knuckles and tails. Discard the shells. Roughly chop the meat into large chunks.
- Add the lobster meat to a large mixing bowl. Add the mayonnaise, chives and the juice of half a lemon and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, preheat a griddle over medium heat. Brush the sides and the tops of the rolls with melted butter. Place the rolls on the griddle and toast until golden brown on all sides and on top. Remove toasted buns to a clean work surface and fill with the lobster mixture. Garnish with a sprinkle of chopped chives. Serve with cucumber salad and kettle chips.
- For the Quick-Pickle Cucumber Salad: In a large bowl, add cucumbers and dill.
- In a small pot, combine vinegar, sugar, chili flake, fennel seed, and coriander and bring to a boil. Pour the liquid over the cucumber and dill and allow to rest until the liquid has come to room temperature and refrigerate until the mixture is chilled, about 10 minutes. Strain the liquid from the salad and serve as a side to the lobster rolls.
- Tip: Buy the lobster meat cooked and chopped from the store for easily assembly. Make the lobster salad up to a day in advance and store in the refrigerator.
Similar categories: Ingredients Vegetables Fish & Seafood Shrimp Lobster & Crab Lunch Dinner Fish & Seafood
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal