These mac and cheese bundles are a delicious twist on a classic dish! Try them for dinner tonight!
Mac and Cheese Tortelloni
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta
- 1/2 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 small onion (grated)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 20 wonton wrappers
- Water (for sealing pasta)
- 2-3 tablespoon butter
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh bread crumbs (toasted with butter)
- In small skillet, sweat onions in butter with bay leaf. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add paprika. Cool, then remove bay leaf.
- Combine ricotta, cheddar, Dijon and onion mixture. Spray wonton lightly with water. Place 1 teaspoon of cheese mixture in center of wonton. Fold wonton in half, then fold the tops over and pinch the folded part back to connect the edges. It will look like a flying nun’s hat.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water. While it cooks, ladle about 1/2 cup of pasta water in large skillet, then add butter and fresh herbs. Toss the cooked pasta in the butter sauce. Serve and top with bread crumbs and chopped parsley.