Mama’s Chocolate Pie
Mimi's pie is so good, it just might be better than your mother's.
- step-by-step directions
Mama’s Chocolate Pie
- 12 Graham Cracker Squares (crushed; Honey Graham or Chocolate)
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 6-8 tablespoons Melted Butter
- Whipped Cream
- 1 pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Pie
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 4 tablespoons Sugar
- 3 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 4 Eggs (beaten)
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 7 ounces High quality Semisweet Chocolate (grated) (kitchen Ghirardelli Chocolate please)
- 4 teaspoons White Rum or Brandy
- Confectioners’ Sugar
- Fresh Mint (to garnish)
- Crust: Combine all ingredients in food processor. Spread and press onto pie plate. Chill for up to one hour. Bake for 8-10 minutes in a 350°F degree oven. Cool.
- Will yield a thick pic crust for a standard pie plate and a thin crust for a deep dish pie crust.
- Whipped Cream: Place Cream, Sugar and Vanilla Extract into mixing bowl. Whip to stiff peaks.
- Chocolate Pie: Heat Milk on low heat. Beat Eggs in a separate bow then sift in the Sugar, Flour, and Cornstarch. Temper the Milk with a bit of the Egg mixture, and then incorporate completely. Return this mixture to the pan and cook over low heat, stirring with a whisk continuously until mixture thickens just below boiling (pudding consistency). Remove from heat and stir in Butter, Chocolate and Brandy/Rum until smooth. Let cool slightly and spoon filling into pie crust. Sprinkle with Confectioners’ Sugar to prevent skin from forming. Chill. Spoon homemade Whipped Cream over Chocolate filling. Dust with grated Chocolate. Add a sprig of Mint.
Braised Chicken Thighs with Caramelized Onions and Egg Noodles
Easy Tiramisu Cake
Grilled Skirt Steak with Charred Tomatillo Salsa
Gluten Free Coconut Pancake
Chickpea and Lentil Curry Over Toasted Pita
Marinated Pork T-Bones
Tuna Noodle Casserole with Potato Chip Topping
California Veggie Burger
Spaghetti Squash Latkes
Apple Cider Donuts
Spiced Turkey Meatloaf
Kielbasa with Beer and Onions