Save on the airfare and head to the islands with this tropical smoothie
- step-by-step directions
- 1 ripe Mango, peeled, pitted, and coarsely cubed
- 1/4 fresh Pineapple, peeled, cored, and coarsely cube
- 1 cup fresh Orange Juice
- 3 cups Ice Cubes
- Lime Slices for garnish
- Dark Rum (to float, optional)
- In a blender, combine the Mangoes, Pineapples, Orange Juice, and Ice Cubes and blend until smooth and frothy. (If your blender is not large enough to hold all the ingredients, blend in two batches)
- Pour the smoothie into six glasses. Garnish with Lime slices and serve immediately. Float a shot of dark Rum over the smoothies if desired.
- Tips: Be sure to use a ripe mango.