Maple Panna Cotta with Roasted Grapes and Pistachios
A tasty dessert from Clinton Kelly!
- step-by-step directions
Maple Panna Cotta:
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 cups red seedless grapes (halved)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons tarragon (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup roasted and salted pistachios (chopped)
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- For the Maple Panna Cotta: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add milk and cream, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and whisk in the maple syrup. Sprinkle the gelatin over the milk mixture and allow to sit until bloomed, about 5 minutes.
- Place the saucepan over low heat and whisk mixture until gelatin has dissolved completely. Whisk in the vanilla extract, maple extract, and salt, and remove from heat.
- Divide mixture amongst six 6-ounce glasses or ramekin and allow to cool completely. Cover with plastic and transfer to the refrigerator to set, about 2 hours.
- For the Roasted Grapes: Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- In a medium bowl, add grapes, olive oil, tarragon, and season with salt to taste. Toss to coat and remove to a baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and roast until caramelized, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- To serve, dip a paring knife or small offset spatula into olive oil and run the paring knife around the outside of the panna cotta. Flip the set panna cotta onto a plate and top with some roasted grapes and pistachios.
- Tip: This is the perfect dessert to make ahead of time and so all you have to do is plate the dish when your guests are ready for dessert!
rate this recipe
Cedar Plank Halibut with Corn Salad
Wedge Salad with Creamy Blue Cheese and Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Crunchy Vegetable Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Dipping Sauce
Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip Triangles
Sunday Lamb Roast with Paloise Sauce
Hibiscus and Elderflower Mocktail
Pimm's Royale Punch
Royal Roast Chicken and Bacon Sandwich
Pizza Spring Rolls
Steamed Artichokes with Brie Fondue