The red chili paste cuts the sweetness of the pineapple juice for a full, round flavor.
Marinated Skirt Steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 1 orange (halved)
- 2 avocados (thinly sliced to serve)
- Combine the olive oil, shallot, garlic, orange juice, soy sauce, and sriracha in a large zip top bag. Add the skirt steak, place in refrigerator and allow to marinate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Preheat grill pan over medium-high. Remove steak from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Season the steak generously with salt and freshly ground pepper. Place on grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until its reached desired doneness.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing. While the steak rests, lightly oil the orange and grill until charred grill marks form, about 3 to 4 minutes. Squeeze the grilled orange over the steak with slices of avocado.
- Tip: throwing an orange on the grill helps to caramelize the juice like a low-calorie glaze.