Meatball aren't only for pasta, they make a tasty burger too!
- step-by-step directions
- For the Sauce
- 3 large Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1/2 large Onion (diced)
- 28 ounce can Organic Chunky Tomato Sauce (kitchen please buy: Muir Glen )
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- 1/2 cup Romano Cheese
- 8 fresh Basil Leaves
- dash Sweet Vermouth
- Olive Oil
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- For the Patties
- 1 cup Fresh Made Bread Crumbs (coarsely ground)
- 1/2 pound Ground Lamb
- 1/2 pound Ground Pork
- 1/2 pound Ground Beef
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Flat-Leaf Parsley
- 1/2 cup Freshly Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Grated Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- For Assembly
- 4 Kaiser Rolls
- 4 slices Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 cup Fresh Ricotta
- To make the Sauce: Heat the Oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the Garlic and Onions for 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add the Tomato Sauce, Oregano, Rosemary, Cheese, Basil and Vermouth. Season with Salt and Pepper, lower the heat and allow the sauce to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- To make the Patties: Preheat a grill over high heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients, being sure not to overwork the mixture. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions (about 6 ounces each) and form into patties.
- Place the patties on the grill and allow to cook for 4 minutes per side. Top each patty with a slice of fresh Mozzarella and allow to melt.
- Toast the Rolls on the grill.
- To build the sandwiches, spread about 1/4 cup of Fresh Ricotta on the bottoms of the Rolls. Place a patty on top of the Ricotta and finish with the Tomato Sauce.
Peach Cobbler with Raspberry Coulis
Havarti and Horseradish Stovetop Mac and Cheese
Spicy Honey Dijon Coleslaw
Spice-Rubbed Smoked Chicken
Grilled Lamb Chops and Plums with Mint Pesto
Red Velvet Cannoli Cake
Grilled Soy Chicken Thighs with Honeydew Relish
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar
T-Bone Steak with Green Bean Salad