Meatball aren't only for pasta, they make a tasty burger too!
- step-by-step directions
- For the Sauce
- 3 large Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1/2 large Onion (diced)
- 28 ounce can Organic Chunky Tomato Sauce (kitchen please buy: Muir Glen )
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- 1/2 cup Romano Cheese
- 8 fresh Basil Leaves
- dash Sweet Vermouth
- Olive Oil
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- For the Patties
- 1 cup Fresh Made Bread Crumbs (coarsely ground)
- 1/2 pound Ground Lamb
- 1/2 pound Ground Pork
- 1/2 pound Ground Beef
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Flat-Leaf Parsley
- 1/2 cup Freshly Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Grated Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- For Assembly
- 4 Kaiser Rolls
- 4 slices Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 cup Fresh Ricotta
- To make the Sauce: Heat the Oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the Garlic and Onions for 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add the Tomato Sauce, Oregano, Rosemary, Cheese, Basil and Vermouth. Season with Salt and Pepper, lower the heat and allow the sauce to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- To make the Patties: Preheat a grill over high heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients, being sure not to overwork the mixture. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions (about 6 ounces each) and form into patties.
- Place the patties on the grill and allow to cook for 4 minutes per side. Top each patty with a slice of fresh Mozzarella and allow to melt.
- Toast the Rolls on the grill.
- To build the sandwiches, spread about 1/4 cup of Fresh Ricotta on the bottoms of the Rolls. Place a patty on top of the Ricotta and finish with the Tomato Sauce.
Peppermint Chocolate Torte
Fried Meatballs Stuffed with Mozzarella
Gingerbread Man Cookie Sandwiches
5 Ingredient Crinkle Cookies
Perfectly Spiced Roast Chicken
Classic Holiday Brisket
Polenta with Sausage Ragu and Fresh Mozzarella
Roasted Pork Shoulder in Banana Leaf
Holiday Gingerbread Cookie