Slice up our favorite meat in loaf form and serve it up between two pieces of bread!
- 1 medium Onion (diced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs (cut in 1/4-inch pieces)
- Milk (to soak Breadcrumbs)
- 1 pound 80/20 Ground Beef
- 1 pound Spicy Italian Sausage (removed from casings)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (freshly grated)
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Parsley Leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Marjoram Leaves (chopped)
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Ketchup (Sir Kensington's)
- Sriracha or Hot Sauce
- Sourdough Peasant Loaf (sliced; lightly toasted)
- Arugula (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium with a few tablespoon of Olive Oil. Add Onion, season with Salt, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Toss in Garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, pour Milk over the Breadcrumbs and allow to soak for 5 minutes. Squeeze our excess Milk and discard the Milk.
- In a large bowl, combine the Beef, Sausage, Onion, Garlic, Breadcrumbs, Egg, Parmigiano-Reggiano, Parsley and Marjoram. Stir to combine but do not over work. Form into a loaf on a baking sheet and cook for 45 minutes to an hour. Rest for 15 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, slice the Meatloaf into inch-thick slices.
- Heat a nonstick skillet to medium-high.
- Brush the Meatloaf slices with Olive Oil. Cook until the meat crisps. Once it has crisped on one side, flip and add a few tablespoons of Balsamic, continuing to cook until reduced to a syrupy consistency, brushing onto the Meatloaf.
- Meanwhile, mix the Ketchup, Sriracha, and a splash of Balsamic Vinegar, all to taste, to make spicy Ketchup. Spread on the Meatloaf as it comes off of the grill.
- Assemble sandwiches with Sourdough, Meatloaf, Spicy Ketchup, and Arugula.