Slice up our favorite meat in loaf form and serve it up between two pieces of bread!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 medium Onion (diced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs (cut in 1/4-inch pieces)
- Milk (to soak Breadcrumbs)
- 1 pound 80/20 Ground Beef
- 1 pound Spicy Italian Sausage (removed from casings)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (freshly grated)
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Parsley Leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Marjoram Leaves (chopped)
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Ketchup (Sir Kensington's)
- Sriracha or Hot Sauce
- Sourdough Peasant Loaf (sliced; lightly toasted)
- Arugula (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium with a few tablespoon of Olive Oil. Add Onion, season with Salt, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Toss in Garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, pour Milk over the Breadcrumbs and allow to soak for 5 minutes. Squeeze our excess Milk and discard the Milk.
- In a large bowl, combine the Beef, Sausage, Onion, Garlic, Breadcrumbs, Egg, Parmigiano-Reggiano, Parsley and Marjoram. Stir to combine but do not over work. Form into a loaf on a baking sheet and cook for 45 minutes to an hour. Rest for 15 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, slice the Meatloaf into inch-thick slices.
- Heat a nonstick skillet to medium-high.
- Brush the Meatloaf slices with Olive Oil. Cook until the meat crisps. Once it has crisped on one side, flip and add a few tablespoons of Balsamic, continuing to cook until reduced to a syrupy consistency, brushing onto the Meatloaf.
- Meanwhile, mix the Ketchup, Sriracha, and a splash of Balsamic Vinegar, all to taste, to make spicy Ketchup. Spread on the Meatloaf as it comes off of the grill.
- Assemble sandwiches with Sourdough, Meatloaf, Spicy Ketchup, and Arugula.
Peach Pie Pinwheels
Cherry Pecan Monkey Bread
Chilled Corn Soup with Ancho Chili Puree
Chimichurri Grilled Wings
Crispy Ginger Thai Wings
Jerk Chicken Egg Rolls
Grilled Cornbread with Blueberry Compote
Grilled Lobster Tails with Lime Basil Butter
Grilled Flank Steak with Blue Cheese Red Onions
Taleggio and Salami Panini
Soft Shell Crab Falsi Testaroli with Lemon Tomato Basil Sauce
Pineapple Foster with Pound Cake