This platter is a perfect appetizer or snack for a party this holiday season!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 pound lamb sausage in small coils (merguez)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups dates (pitted and halved)
- 2 cups mixed olives (kalamata and castelvetrano)
- 2 cups tabouleh (store bought)
- 2 cups hummus (store bought and mixed with the zest of one lemon)
- 2 cups pepper puree (such as Avajar, substitute with roasted red puree)
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 English cucumber (peeled and diced)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sumac (substitute with lemon zest and paprika)
- 4-5 medium carrots (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint (chopped)
- salt and pepper (to season)
- grilled pita (to serve)
- For Lamb sausage: cut the sausage into 8-inch pieces. Make into small round coils. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place a grill pan or medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil and lamb sausage coils, sear until cooked through and golden brown. Remove from heat and aside. Cut into 1-inch pieces and remove the toothpicks.
- For the Yogurt Dip: in a medium bowl, add the yogurt, cucumber, olive oil, sumac, season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix to combine.
- For the Carrot Salad: in a medium bowl, add shredded carrots, red wine vinegar, olive oil, fresh mint, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- To Assemble the Mezze Platter: on a 10-12 inch round platter, use a cake slice marker or a bench scraper to help separate the items into 8 equal triangular sections. Fill each section with the browned lamb sausage, dates, olives, tabouleh, hummus, red pepper puree, yogurt dip, and carrot salad.
- Serve with grilled pita.
- Tip: alternatively, serve in short mason jars. Place the jars in the shape of a Christmas tree!
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Snacks Holidays & Occasions Christmas Christmas Appetizers
rate this recipe
Sweet and Spicy Lemonade Grilled Chicken
Cherry Pink Lemonade
Dutch-Oven Peach Cobbler
Cedar Plank Halibut with Corn Salad
Wedge Salad with Creamy Blue Cheese and Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Crunchy Vegetable Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Dipping Sauce
Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip Triangles
Sunday Lamb Roast with Paloise Sauce
Hibiscus and Elderflower Mocktail
Pimm's Royale Punch