This sausage if fully loaded with all your goodies. Give it a try today!
- step-by-step directions
Sha Sha Sauce:
- 12 hot, jarred banana peppers
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup yellow mustard
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 head Napa cabbage
- 1/2 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup small red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 jalapeno (minced)
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Sha Sha Sauce
- 2 pounds Russet potatoes (peeled and cut into matchsticks)
- canola oil (for frying)
- salt (to taste)
- 4 Kielbasa sausages
- 4 hoagie rolls
- For the ShaSha Sauce: In a food processor, puree the peppers, garlic, mustard and vinegar.
- Pour the puree into a saucepan and add the sugar. Bring it to a boil over high heat, lower the heat and simmer the mixture for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour and 1/2 cup water to make a smooth paste. Whisk it into the pepper mixture and continue to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring regularly, until it becomes very thick.
- Let the sauce cool, then pour it into a covered container (such as a glass jar). The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 1 month.
- For the Slaw: In a medium bowl, mix together the cabbage, garlic, onion, jalapeno, vinegar, mustard, mayonnaise, sugar, salt, Worcestershire sauce and ShaSha Sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- For the Fries: Peel the potatoes and cut them into long fries about 1/4 inch thick. As you cut them, put them in a bowl of cold water to cover.
- Pour enough oil into a medium pot so that the oil comes 3 inches up the sides. Heat the oil to 275ºF.
- Drain the fries and pat dry. Working in batches if necessary, cook them in the oil for about 5 minutes; they should be soft and pale. Remove them from the oil using a slotted spoon and rinse under cold water to remove excess oil and starch. Reserve the pot of oil.
- Cover a rimmed baking sheet with paper towels and lay the fries on top. Chill completely in the refrigerator. The potatoes can be prepared this way up to a day in advance of cooking them.
- When ready to eat, heat the reserved oil to 350ºF.
- Add the fries in batches to the oil and cook, stirring gently, until the fries are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Using a spider or slotted spoon, remove from the oil to a large paper-towel-lined bowl and season them salt, shaking the bowl to distribute the seasonings evenly.
- To Assemble: Fry the Kielbasas for 5-10 minutes per side, until done. Place each in a hoagie bun, top with slaw, fries, and more ShaSha sauce.
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal