Michael's Midnight Pasta is good any time of day!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 8 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled, sliced)
- 1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces white anchovies (minced)
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- 1 cup homemade breadcrumbs (3-4 slices of day-old white bread)
- 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves (finely chopped)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Season with salt. Add the spaghetti to the water and stir occasionally. Cook 1 minute less than the package instructions. Drain and reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Place a saute pan over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the breadcrumbs and toast until golden and crispy. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add 6 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, anchovies, and lemon zest and cook, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes, until melted and aromatic. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the pasta water. Stir vigorously, and add the pasta, tossing to coat the spaghetti. Remove from heat and add the lemon juice. Garnish with breadcrumbs and mint.
- For the Homemade Breadcrumbs: Place stale bread in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. If you have no stale bread, toast your bread before placing in the food processor.
- Tip: Perfect recipe to use with pantry ingredients or leftovers! Use bacon or capers if you don't have any anchovies or would like to substitute.
Similar categories: Pasta
Deconstructed Vegan Pecan Pie
Fall Roasted Vegetable Medley
Maple Bourbon-Glazed Roasted Turkey
Crispy Potatoes with Pumpkin Hummus
Sweet Potato Croquettes
Bubble and Squeak with Poached Eggs and Mixed Greens Salad
Bacon Lattice Wrapped Turkey
Greek-Style Spatchcock Turkey
Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Caramel Sauce
Puff Pastry Almond Snowflakes
Pear Pie Spring Rolls