Mini Burger Calzones
A tasty snack the whole family will love!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled, minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion (peeled, small dice)
- 1/2 cup dill pickle chips (minced)
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- all-purpose flour (for dusting)
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough (room temperature)
- olive oil (for brushing)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Hidden Valley® Jalapeno Bancon Ranch
- flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease two baking sheets with oil and set aside.
- For the Filling: Heat a large saute pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Add ground beef and cook until browned, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, about 7-9 minutes. Add garlic, thyme, and paprika and cook an additional minute. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
- For the Onion Sauce: Heat a small saute pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Add onion and cook until softened. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool. Once cooled, add the dill pickles and mustard and stir to combine.
- To Build: On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch round biscuit cutter, cut dough into rounds, making about 20 total.
- Onto each 3-inch round add 1 tablespoon of beef mixture, top with 1/2 tablespoon of cheese and 2 teaspoons of sauce. Take one end of dough and fold over the mixture to the other end of dough. Pinch the edges together and fold over to seal. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Cut slits on top of calzone to let steam escape. Transfer to the prepared baking sheets and bake until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Serve on platter with Hidden Valley® Jalapeno Bacon Ranch for dipping.
- Tip: Make a large batch and before baking, freeze the calzones to have on hand for a savory late-night snack!
Similar categories: Beef
rate this recipe
Banana Cream Pie
Oven Smoked Lamb Ribs with Potato and Pea Salad
Spring Three Bean Salad
Grilled Greens Salad
Lightened Up Chickpea and Mushroom Meatball Platter
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Poblano Vinaigrette and Goat Cheese Cream
Not Your Mama's Pigs in a Blanket
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Strawberry Pie with Brown Butter Crust
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)