Mini King Cakes
So easy to make, these delicious cakes are fit for a king
- step-by-step directions
Mini King Cakes
- 1 pound Pizza Dough
- 8 tablespoons Butter (melted; plus more for brushing)
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice plus 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 tablespoon New Orleans Rum or Spiced Rum
- Purple Green and Yellow Icing Sugars (for decorating)
- Preheat oven 350°F. Lightly grease an 8-10 inch cake pan with Butter or Non-Stick Spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the Sugars, Cinnamon, Lemon Zest, and a pinch of Salt.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the Pizza Dough into a long rectangle about 24" by 8 inches. Brush with Melted Butter and sprinkle with Sugars mixture.
- Roll the Dough widthwise to form a long thin log. Cut the log crosswise into 12 equal pieces. Place each piece cut side down into the prepared cake pan. Brush the cakes with Butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until rich golden on top but not crispy. Remove from oven, and carefully remove from pan, and transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, beat together the Icing ingredients to form a thick but pourable topping.
- Pour the Icing over the cakes and decorate with the colored Sugars.
Grilled Lamb Chops and Plums with Mint Pesto
Red Velvet Cannoli Cake
Grilled Soy Chicken Thighs with Honeydew Relish
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar
T-Bone Steak with Green Bean Salad
Lamb Ribs with Shaved Asparagus, Mint and Feta Salad
Grilled Japanese Eggplant with Fresh Tomato Sauce
Vegetable Lo Mein
Shrimp Summer Rolls with Sweet Chili Sauce