Mini King Cakes
So easy to make, these delicious cakes are fit for a king
- step-by-step directions
Mini King Cakes
- 1 pound Pizza Dough
- 8 tablespoons Butter (melted; plus more for brushing)
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice plus 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 tablespoon New Orleans Rum or Spiced Rum
- Purple Green and Yellow Icing Sugars (for decorating)
- Preheat oven 350°F. Lightly grease an 8-10 inch cake pan with Butter or Non-Stick Spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the Sugars, Cinnamon, Lemon Zest, and a pinch of Salt.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the Pizza Dough into a long rectangle about 24" by 8 inches. Brush with Melted Butter and sprinkle with Sugars mixture.
- Roll the Dough widthwise to form a long thin log. Cut the log crosswise into 12 equal pieces. Place each piece cut side down into the prepared cake pan. Brush the cakes with Butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until rich golden on top but not crispy. Remove from oven, and carefully remove from pan, and transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, beat together the Icing ingredients to form a thick but pourable topping.
- Pour the Icing over the cakes and decorate with the colored Sugars.
Calaloo: Crab and Coconut Spinach Stew
Cassava in Coconut Sauce (Mahogo Wa Nazi)
Carbonara with Pecorino Frico
Fried Salami and Fontina Frittata
Sparkling Ice Black Raspberry "Faux-jito"
Mini Bean Tostadas with Marinated Vegetable Skewers
Yogurt Panna Cotta with Blood Orange Salad