Mini Roasted Vegetable Cheese Balls
Put those leftover roasted veggies to good use!
- step-by-step directions
For the Cheese Balls:
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup goat cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup leftover Fall Roasted Vegetable Medley - http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/fall-roasted-vegetable-medley-clinton-kelly (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds (finely chopped)
- 16 pretzel sticks
- cooking spray (to coat hands)
For the Pecans:
- 1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- For the Cheese Ball: Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix together the cream cheese, goat cheese, roasted vegetables, cranberries and pomegranate seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Using a teaspoon, scoop cheese mixture into 1/2-inch balls and form the balls around the bottom of the pretzel sticks. Place on the prepared sheet tray.
- To Toast the Pecans: In a small saute pan over medium-low heat, add the pecans and butter stirring, as the butter melts. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until nuts are golden brown and toasted, about 5 minutes.
- To Assemble: Dip the bottom of each cheese ball lightly in the chopped nuts. Repeat with the rest of the cheese balls. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Tip: Get creative! Add your favorite dried fruits and nuts to give this holiday treat your own personal touch!
Similar categories: Christmas Appetizers
rate this recipe
Cedar Plank Halibut with Corn Salad
Wedge Salad with Creamy Blue Cheese and Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Crunchy Vegetable Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Dipping Sauce
Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip Triangles
Sunday Lamb Roast with Paloise Sauce
Hibiscus and Elderflower Mocktail
Pimm's Royale Punch
Royal Roast Chicken and Bacon Sandwich
Pizza Spring Rolls
Steamed Artichokes with Brie Fondue