Invite your favorite meat-eaters over and whip up this carnivorous feast.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 pound Petrovac or Merguez sausage
- 4 lamb chops
- 1 calves liver
- 1 pound Thuringer Leberwurst (In casing)
- 2 pounds kirt steak
- 1 pound chicken wings
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To Serve: To Serve: olive oil To Serve:
- 1 baguette (1/2-inch thick slices, cut on the bias)
- pickled red cabbage
- ajvar (roasted red pepper sauce)
- Greek yogurt
- 1 Cevapcici: Cevapcici: orange (sliced into wedges, to serve) Cevapcici:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Marinade: Marinade: salt and freshly ground black pepper Marinade:
- 1 bunch mint leaves
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- For the Cevapcici: In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, garlic, cayenne pepper, paprika, nutmeg and season with salt and pepper. Shape into sausage shapes, about 3/4-inch thick. Skewer cavapcici onto popsicle sticks or skewers that have been soaked in water for at lest 30 minutes. Place in the refrigerator until ready to grill.
- Combine the ingredients for marinade. Place the calves liver in a baking dish and pour over marinade. Turn to soak. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Let the protein sit at room temperature 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Brush the grill with olive oil.
- Season the lamb chops, skirt steak, and chicken wings generously with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the cevapcici, petrovac, lamb chops, calves liver, leberwurst, skirt steak, and chicken wings on the grill.
- Grill the cevapcici for 10 minutes on both sides for medium doneness.
- Grill the petrovac until browned and charred in places, about 15 minutes.
- Grill the lamb chops for 5 minutes per side for medium doneness.
- Grill the liver for 5 minutes per side.
- Grill the leberwurst for 5 minutes per side, until golden and charred.
- Grill the skirt steak for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium doneness.
- Grill the chicken wings for about 7 to 8 minutes per side, or until juices run clear when pricked with a fork.
- Brush the bread slices with olive oil and grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until crusty and golden.
- Remove grilled meat to a cutting board. Slice into serving size pieces. Serve alongside grilled bread, sauerkraut, picked red cabbage, red pepper puree, Greek yogurt and orange slices.
Similar categories: Ingredients Beef Lamb Pork Courses & Meals Dinner Beef Pork Techniques BBQ & Grilling
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami