Mom's Greek Cookies
Not your average chocolate chip; take a peek at Michael's take on a sweet treat that reminds him of home!
- step-by-step directions
Mom's Greek Cookies
- 3 sticks Sweet Butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 3 Egg Yolks (reserving the whites)
- 1 Egg
- 8 ounces Heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 box Cake Flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- White sesame seeds
- In the bowl of your mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the Butter and Sugar until light and fluffy. Next add the Egg Yolks and Egg and mix until just incorporated before slowly adding the Cream and Vanilla.
- Mix together the Flour and Baking Powder then add it to the Butter mixture. Mix until the dough comes together, scraping down the sides throughout this process.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes or until ready to use.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Whip the reserved Egg Whites until light and frothy. Set aside.
- To shape the cookies, pinch off a piece of dough about the size of a walnut. Roll out a cord or thin tube of dough about the length of a dinner knife. Fold in half then twist two times. Pinch the remaining edges together and tuck underneath.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet while you form the rest.
- When all of the cookies are formed, brush them with the reserved Egg Whites and sprinkle with a little bit of Sesame Seeds. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until light golden brown. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container. These cookies are best eaten when dunked in milk or coffee!
rate this recipe
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Strawberry Pie with Brown Butter Crust
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)
Pan-Seared Salmon with White Wine Butter Sauce, Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes
Broccoli Cheddar Oatmeal Bake
Roasted Chicken and Pimento Mac and Cheese
Fried Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Stout Ice cream
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Basic Roast Chicken