Mom's Greek Cookies
Not your average chocolate chip; take a peek at Michael's take on a sweet treat that reminds him of home!
- step-by-step directions
Mom's Greek Cookies
- 3 sticks Sweet Butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 3 Egg Yolks (reserving the whites)
- 1 Egg
- 8 ounces Heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 box Cake Flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- White sesame seeds
- In the bowl of your mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the Butter and Sugar until light and fluffy. Next add the Egg Yolks and Egg and mix until just incorporated before slowly adding the Cream and Vanilla.
- Mix together the Flour and Baking Powder then add it to the Butter mixture. Mix until the dough comes together, scraping down the sides throughout this process.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes or until ready to use.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Whip the reserved Egg Whites until light and frothy. Set aside.
- To shape the cookies, pinch off a piece of dough about the size of a walnut. Roll out a cord or thin tube of dough about the length of a dinner knife. Fold in half then twist two times. Pinch the remaining edges together and tuck underneath.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet while you form the rest.
- When all of the cookies are formed, brush them with the reserved Egg Whites and sprinkle with a little bit of Sesame Seeds. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until light golden brown. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container. These cookies are best eaten when dunked in milk or coffee!
Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches with Sauteed Peppers
Oven Roasted Salmon with Purple Cauliflower Puree and a Buttermilk Dill Slaw
Chicken Scallopini with Red Wine Mushroom Sauce
Pesto Chicken Cauliflower Bowl
Fluke with Brown Butter and Lemon Sauce
Peach Slab Pie
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Flank Steak with Herb Dressing and Charred Broccolini
Kathy's Spicy Chicken
Publican Chicken with Chicory Salad
Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Cake