Murray's Mac & Cheese
Learn to make the amazing dish Mac & Cheese you normally could only get at the famous Murray's Cheese Shop
- step-by-step directions
Murray's Mac & Cheese
- 1 pound Elbow Macaroni
- 1 quart Milk
- 8 ounces Cheddar (grated)
- 8 ounces Taleggio (rind removed & cubed)
- 6 ounces Fontina
- 6 ounces Gouda
- 2 ounces Cheddar (finely grated)
- 8 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 Sprigs, Fresh Thyme (minced)
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 Onion (skin removed)
- 2 1/2 Cloves Garlic (grated)
- Grate all Cheeses and combine. Pre-heat your oven to 350°F.
- Cut a slit into the halved Onion and place a Bay Leaf in the slit. Stick the 2 cloves of Garlic into the Onion. Start making the Mornay Sauce by placing the Milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat and adding the Onion. In a separate saucepan, melt the Butter and add ½ clove grated Garlic. Slowly add the Flour, whisking to combine, and cook for 2 minutes. Ladle in the warm Milk, whisking constantly, until combined and smooth. Add the Nutmeg, Black Pepper and Cayenne Pepper. Add 5 ounces Cheddar and 5 ounces Taleggio and 3 ounces Fontina and 3 ounces Gouda.
- In a separate pan, bring Water to a boil and add Salt. Add the Macaroni and cook until tender. Strain the Macaroni and place in a bowl. Add the remaining grated Cheeses and toss to combine.
- Pour the Mornay Sauce over the Macaroni and toss to combine. In a small sauté pan, melt 3 tablespoons butter and add the Panko Breadcrumbs, Thyme and Lemon Zest. Place the combined Macaroni and Cheese into a shallow baking dish and top with the grated and the Breadcrumbs. Bake in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes and serve immediately.
Rhubarb Filled Pound Cake
Lemon Chicken with Charred Pea Salad
Asparagus Vichyssoise with Shrimp Salad
German Potato Salad
Spicy Turkey Lime Soup
Korean BBQ Tacos
Polenta Souffle with Pecorino and Black Pepper
Maple Bacon Cupcakes
Buttermilk Roasted Chicken with Baby Arugula Salad
Strawberry Raspberry "Napoleons"
Lightened Up Turkey Patty Melt