Mustard, Tarragon and Panko Crusted Prime Rib Roast with Roasted Vegetables
A holiday dish like no other!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 24- ounce bag baby medley potatoes
- 1 head fennel (stem removed, cored, cut into 1/2-inch wedges)
- 2 large carrots (peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces on a bias)
- 4 cloves garlic (skin-on)
- 1 lemon (cut in half widthwise then halves quartered)
- 2 tablespoons thyme (leaves only)
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds (crushed)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper (to taste)
Mustard, Tarragon and Panko Crusted Bone-In Prime Rib:
- 1 4-6 pound 3-rib standing prime rib roast
- 1/2 cup English mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup tarragon (leaves only, chopped)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- For the Roasted Vegetables: In a large bowl toss together the potatoes, fennel, carrots, garlic, lemon, thyme, cumin seeds and coriander seeds. Drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper, tossing to combine. Remove to a baking sheet and place a wire baking rack on top of vegetables.
- For the Mustard, Tarragon, and Panko Crusted Bone-In Prime Rib Roast: Remove the rib roast from the refrigerator 1 hour before cooking to allow to come to room temperature. Season rib roast with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the mustard, olive oil, panko and tarragon. Using your hands, press the panko mixture onto the outside of the rib roast, creating a crust all around the meat.
- Place crusted rib roast onto the wire baking rack on top of the vegetables and place the baking sheet in the oven. Roast for 30 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 325ºF and roast until the internal temperature reaches 125ºF, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour. Slice and serve with the roasted vegetables.
- Tip: Customize this dish by using your favorite vegetable combination!
rate this recipe
Banana Bread Boat Fondue
Skirt Steak with Roasted Pepper Salsa
Lemon Blueberry Cornmeal Cake
Orange Beer Spritz
Mint Cantaloupe Slushie
Garlic Parmesan Ranch Chicken with Potatoes
Seaside Crab Dip
Charred Broccoli Salad
BBQ Ranch Chicken Pull-Apart Sliders