Eat this omelette on the go!
Omelette in a Jar
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream
- 1/4 cup spinach (torn)
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1-2 tablespoons ham or smoked turkey (chopped)
- 2 eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- nonstick cooking spray
- Spray a 16-ounce, microwave-safe glass jar with nonstick cooking spray. Add the milk, spinach, cheese, and ham to the jar. (You can do this part the night before.)
- Crack the two eggs into the jar. Season with salt and pepper, then place the lid back on and shake vigorously for 20-30 seconds, until the eggs are pale yellow. Remove the lid and microwave for 90 seconds.
- Carefully remove from the microwave and check for doneness. Return to the microwave for 15-30 seconds to finish cooking as needed.
- Remove to a plate or eat warm, right from the jar.