Open-Faced Cheeseburger with Iceberg Slaw
Your favorite new way to eat cheeseburgers!
- step-by-step directions
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce (chiffonade)
- 1/2 red onion (peeled, finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup dill pickles (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 4 white corn tortillas (4-inches in diameter)
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat a griddle to medium-high heat.
- For the Iceberg Slaw: In a large bowl add iceberg lettuce, red onion, pickles and white wine vinegar, toss to combine. Season with salt and set aside.
- For the Open-Faced Cheeseburger: Form the ground beef into 4 patties, each 3 1/2-inches in diameter and 1/4-inch thick. Season with salt and pepper and place on one side of the griddle. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes and flip. Brush the tops of the patties with 1 tablespoon of mustard each. Cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from the griddle and set aside.
- On the opposite side of the griddle, place the corn tortillas and cook for 1 minute. Flip the tortillas and divide the cheddar cheese between the 4 tortillas. Cook for another 1 - 2 minutes, allowing the cheese to melt. Place the patties on top of the tortillas and remove to plates. Top each patty with the iceberg lettuce slaw and enjoy!
- Tip: Try making mini open-faced tortillas as an appetizer for a Summer cookout!
Similar categories: Burgers
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Curried Yogurt and Scallions
Poached Pears with Mascarpone Cream
Apple Cider Donut Bread Pudding
Bella Notte Spaghetti
Ratatouille Tarte Tatin
Corned Beef Sandwich Bread Pudding
Fiesta Corn Dip
Grilled Pizza Margherita
Pickle-Brined Fried Chicken Biscuit
Prosciutto and Apple Stuffed Chicken Legs with Sauteed Swiss Chard
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Chicago-Style Polish Sausage