Open-Faced Cheeseburger with Iceberg Slaw
Your favorite new way to eat cheeseburgers!
- step-by-step directions
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce (chiffonade)
- 1/2 red onion (peeled, finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup dill pickles (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 4 white corn tortillas (4-inches in diameter)
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat a griddle to medium-high heat.
- For the Iceberg Slaw: In a large bowl add iceberg lettuce, red onion, pickles and white wine vinegar, toss to combine. Season with salt and set aside.
- For the Open-Faced Cheeseburger: Form the ground beef into 4 patties, each 3 1/2-inches in diameter and 1/4-inch thick. Season with salt and pepper and place on one side of the griddle. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes and flip. Brush the tops of the patties with 1 tablespoon of mustard each. Cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from the griddle and set aside.
- On the opposite side of the griddle, place the corn tortillas and cook for 1 minute. Flip the tortillas and divide the cheddar cheese between the 4 tortillas. Cook for another 1 - 2 minutes, allowing the cheese to melt. Place the patties on top of the tortillas and remove to plates. Top each patty with the iceberg lettuce slaw and enjoy!
- Tip: Try making mini open-faced tortillas as an appetizer for a Summer cookout!
Similar categories: Burgers
Deconstructed Vegan Pecan Pie
Fall Roasted Vegetable Medley
Maple Bourbon-Glazed Roasted Turkey
Crispy Potatoes with Pumpkin Hummus
Sweet Potato Croquettes
Bubble and Squeak with Poached Eggs and Mixed Greens Salad
Bacon Lattice Wrapped Turkey
Greek-Style Spatchcock Turkey
Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Caramel Sauce
Puff Pastry Almond Snowflakes
Pear Pie Spring Rolls