Classics are timeless for a reason, they're crazy tasty and Michael's gravy is as classic as it gets!
- step-by-step directions
- 4 tablespoons Drippings
- 4 tablespoons Flour
- 3 cups Turkey Stock
- 1/2 cup Reserved Ancho Chili Water (from Ancho-Chili Maple Turkey)
- 1 tablespoon Thyme Leaves
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Place your roasting pan with pan drippings over 2 burners on medium-high heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 2 minutes, until the flour flavor is cooked out and it turns a light golden color. Add in the turkey stock and reserved ancho chili water while continuously whisking. Add the bundle of thyme and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove the thyme bundle, check for seasoning then strain and serve.
- Yields 3 cups of gravy.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove any large burnt pieces from the bottom of the roasting pan and discard.
- Use equal parts of fat and flour.
- Slowly add your stock to eliminate lumps.
Deconstructed Vegan Pecan Pie
Fall Roasted Vegetable Medley
Maple Bourbon-Glazed Roasted Turkey
Crispy Potatoes with Pumpkin Hummus
Sweet Potato Croquettes
Bubble and Squeak with Poached Eggs and Mixed Greens Salad
Bacon Lattice Wrapped Turkey
Greek-Style Spatchcock Turkey
Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Caramel Sauce
Puff Pastry Almond Snowflakes
Pear Pie Spring Rolls