Pan Roasted Chicken
Michael cooks up a classic dish using all of his favorite ingredients!
- step-by-step directions
Pan Roasted Chicken
- 4 boneless Chicken Breasts (skin on)
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups Mushrooms (preferably morels)
- 3 sprigs fresh Thyme
- 2 cups Ramps (bulbs sliced/leaves roughly chopped)
- 2 ounces White Wine
- 2 ounces Chicken Stock
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 3 tablespoons torn Mint
- Place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Season your Chicken on both sides with Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
- When the pan is hot add a drizzle of Olive Oil. Place the Chicken in the pan skin side down and cook until nicely browned and crisp, about 8 minutes. Add a tablespoon of Butter and a sprig of Thyme to the pan as it browns.
- Flip the Chicken and let it brown on the other side, another few minutes, then move it over to one side of the pan.
- Add all of the Mushrooms and another tablespoon of Butter and cook for a few minutes, letting them crisp up. Next add the Thyme and the chopped bulbs of the Ramps with a pinch of Salt and some Freshly Ground Black Pepper. Sauté until the Ramps soften and everything becomes aromatic.
- Deglaze the pan with the Wine and scrape the bottom, getting any brown bits off of it. Move the Chicken back over, letting everything fall in to an even layer. Reduce the Wine for a minute or two, by about 1/2, then add the Chicken Stock. Bring the liquid up to a simmer then add the last tablespoon Butter, stirring to make a pan sauce. Give it a taste here, checking for seasoning and adding more if necessary. Remove the Thyme and discard.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the mint and the green leaves of the Ramps. Serve on platter and enjoy.
Double Decker Buffalo Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Spring Orzo Salad
Swiss Chard and Feta Turnovers
Donut Puffs with Coffee Mousse
Mint Salsa Verde Glazed Smoked Ham
Mint Salsa Verde
Green Bloody Mary with Mint Salsa Verde
Chocolate Biscuit Cake
Pork Sparerib Tortelloni with BBQ Butter Sauce
Chicken and Cornmeal Dumplings in Tomatoes
Lightened Up Squash Mac and Cheese
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad