These pancake burritos is a breakfast the whole family will love!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted, plus additional for greasing pan)
- splash lemon juice
- 1 cup bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- Breakfast Potatoes
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons reserved bacon drippings
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 pound bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage (removed from casings, crumbled and cooked)
- 6-8 scrambled eggs (cooked with cheddar cheese, to serve)
- For the Pancakes: preheat oven to 350ºF. Place a baking rack on a sheet tray. Place bacon on sheet tray, put in the oven and bake until crisp, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and crumble when cooled. Reserve the bacon drippings.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt, and whisk to combine. In a medium bowl, add the egg, milk butter and lemon juice whisk to combine. Add the egg mixture to the dry and whisk to combine until there are no lumps.
- Heat a griddle or large, 8-10 inch nonstick pan over medium heat. Add a pat of butter or canola oil. Once melted, add bits of crumbled bacon. Pour batter over bacon to form a 8-10 inch round pancake. Cook until the bottom is golden brown and bubbles begin to form on the top. Flip and cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through in the middle, about 5-6 minutes total. Set aside and continue with remaining batter. Set pancakes aside, keep warm. Pancakes should be thin, slightly thicker than a crepe. If needed, thin batter with water one tablespoon at a time.
- For the Breakfast Potatoes: preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Scrub the potatoes with water and prick with a fork. Place potatoes in a large bowl and microwave on high for 10 minutes. Remove from the microwave, allow to cool and cut into cubes. Add reserved bacon drippings and toss to coat. Season with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place on baking sheet, drizzle the reserved bacon drippings and toss until evenly coated. Bake until golden and crispy, about 15 minutes.
- To Serve: take 8-10 inch pancake and fill with cheesy scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage. Roll into burrito shape.
- Helpful Tips:
- For a large crowd, use a griddle to make several pancakes. The pancakes are ready to flip when little bubbles form on the top.
- Make the pancakes with pancake grease instead of butter, for added flavor!
Similar categories: Ingredients Vegetables Pork Potato Eggs Courses & Meals Breakfast & Brunch Waffles, Pancakes & French Toast
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal