PASTA E FAGIOLE
An Italian favorite...Pasta E Fagiole!
- step-by-step directions
PASTA E FAGIOLE
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion (peeled, finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup parsley (finely chopped, divided)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 cups vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 3 cups borlotti beans or kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups broken fettuccine
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (grated)
- rustic Italian loaf (toasted, to serve)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, onion, and 1/4 cup parsley and cook for 8-10 minutes until the onion is browned and softened. Stir in tomato paste, reduce heat to medium and cook for 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add vegetable stock and half of the beans. Mash beans using a potato masher. Add remaining half of beans to the pot and bring to a simmer. Allow to cook for 30 minutes. Add the pasta and cook for another 10 minutes, season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining parsley.
- Serve with grated parmesan on top and toasted crusty Italian bread.
- Tip: Cook tomato paste for 1-2 minutes after adding to get rid of the bitter flavor.
Similar categories: Gluten-Free
rate this recipe
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)
Pan-Seared Salmon with White Wine Butter Sauce, Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes
Broccoli Cheddar Oatmeal Bake
Roasted Chicken and Pimento Mac and Cheese
Fried Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Stout Ice cream
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Basic Roast Chicken
Herby Store Bought Tomato Sauce
Quick Tomato Sauce
Classic Tomato Sauce