PASTA E FAGIOLE
An Italian favorite...Pasta E Fagiole!
- step-by-step directions
PASTA E FAGIOLE
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion (peeled, finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup parsley (finely chopped, divided)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 cups vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 3 cups borlotti beans or kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups broken fettuccine
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (grated)
- rustic Italian loaf (toasted, to serve)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, onion, and 1/4 cup parsley and cook for 8-10 minutes until the onion is browned and softened. Stir in tomato paste, reduce heat to medium and cook for 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add vegetable stock and half of the beans. Mash beans using a potato masher. Add remaining half of beans to the pot and bring to a simmer. Allow to cook for 30 minutes. Add the pasta and cook for another 10 minutes, season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining parsley.
- Serve with grated parmesan on top and toasted crusty Italian bread.
- Tip: Cook tomato paste for 1-2 minutes after adding to get rid of the bitter flavor.
Similar categories: Gluten-Free
Fall Harvest Hungarian Goulash
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Curried Yogurt and Scallions
Poached Pears with Mascarpone Cream
Apple Cider Donut Bread Pudding
Bella Notte Spaghetti
Ratatouille Tarte Tatin
Corned Beef Sandwich Bread Pudding
Fiesta Corn Dip
Grilled Pizza Margherita
Pickle-Brined Fried Chicken Biscuit
Prosciutto and Apple Stuffed Chicken Legs with Sauteed Swiss Chard