This sweet puffed pastry will have you seeing coconuts
- 1 package Store-bought Puff Pastry (thawed)
- 2 Eggs (+1 tablespoon water; whisked)
Guava & Queso
- 1 package Guava Paste
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Shredded Sweetened Coconut
- 1/4 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Water (as needed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly roll out Puff Pastry on a floured surface. Cut 2 1/2-3" squares.
- Fill the pastries according to the directions below. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Remove and allow to cool before serving.
- For Guava & Queso: Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl until well blended.
- Press the squares of dough into a lightly oiled mini-muffin tin, so that they form a cup.
- Place a teaspoon of Guava Paste into the center of each "cup." Top with a dollop of the Queso.
- Brush with Egg Wash.
- For Coconut: Stir together the ingredients in a small sauce pot with a few tablespoons of Water if needed to loosen. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently until pale golden brown, about 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
- Place 1-2 teaspoons of filling into the center of each dough square.
- Lightly dampen the edges of the dough with water and fold in half to create small rectangles. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush with Egg Wash.