Michael shows you the right way to nosh with his mile high sandwich!
- step-by-step directions
- For the Sandwich
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 4 Hoagie rolls; toasted
- 1 pound shavedPastrami
- 2 cups thinly sliced Onions
- For the Swiss Fondue
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- 1 Shallot (minced)
- 1 pound Gruyere Cheese (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- Place a large sauté pan over high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add some Olive Oil and 1/2 of the Pastrami. Cook for 30 seconds per side then remove to a plate. Repeat with the other half, trying to get as much caramelization as you can.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and add the Onion with a pinch of Salt. Cook for 3-5 minutes until they soften and begin to caramelize. Next separate the Onions in to 4 piles while still in the pan.
- Divide the Pastrami equally and place on top of the Onion piles. Using a spatula, remove to a toasted Hoagie Bun and top with some, or a lot of the Swiss Fondue. Enjoy!
- For the Swiss Fondue:
- In a medium saucepot, combine the White Wine and Shallots. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce for 2-3 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix together the Shredded Cheese and Cornstarch. When the Wine has reduced by at least 1/3, whisk in the Cheese/Cornstarch mixture. Stir constantly until all of the Cheese has melted. Season generously with Salt and the Dijon Mustard.
rate this recipe
Broccoli Cheddar Oatmeal Bake
Roasted Chicken and Pimento Mac and Cheese
Fried Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Stout Ice cream
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Basic Roast Chicken
Herby Store Bought Tomato Sauce
Quick Tomato Sauce
Classic Tomato Sauce
Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Crepe
Bologna Fried Rice