PB&J isn't just for your kids' lunch anymore, slather it on your ribs for a sweet and sassy dinner you won't want to miss!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 full racks of St. Louis style ribs
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3 Vidalia Onions
- 1 Fennel Bulb
- Hickory or Applewood Smoking Biscuits
- Dry Rub
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Coriander
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Onion Powder
- 2 tablespoons Smoked Paprika
- 2 tablespoons Adobo
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- Wet Rub
- 1/2 cup Bourbon
- 3 tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Ketchup
- Reserved Dry Rub
- Whisk together all Dry Rub ingredients.
- Rub the Ribs, Meat Side first, then Rib side with 3/4 of the dry rub. (1/4 to use with wet rub). Place the ribs in a roasting pan, cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the wet rub. Apply 1/2 wet rub on meat side of the ribs, cover and return to the fridge to marinate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Remove ribs from the pan and drizzle pan with Olive Oil and toss in the Bay Leaves. Spread the sliced Onion and Fennel in a roasting pan. Place the ribs into the pan bone side down. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 90 minutes.
- Soak Applewood Chips in water for 90 minutes. Drain off water. Transfer the wood chips into a rimmed baking dish. Place into the oven on the bottom rack.
- Reduce oven to 200ºF.
- Remove ribs from pan. Scrap up the Veggies and reserve. Return ribs to the roasting pan and top with the Veggies. Baste with some wet rub if needed and return to the oven. Cook ribs for 5 hours, basting every hour with remaining wet rub.
- Cut and serve warm.
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel
Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with Chicken
Orecchiette with Sweet Sausage and Rapini
Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies
Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheese Pizza
Bacon and Cheddar Pierogies
Spring Chicken Stew
Veggie Fried Rice with Oyster Mushrooms
Salmon Burger with Dill and Cucumber