Peach Slab Pie
Clinton's Peach Slab Pie will be an instant favorite!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (plus additional for dusting)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (chilled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, plus extra for greasing)
- 6 tablespoons ice water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 4 cups frozen sliced peaches (thawed,drained)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- For the Pie Crust: In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment, add the sugar, salt and flour and pulse until just combined. Add the butter and pulse until pea-sized pieces form. Add the water and pulse until the mixture just comes together to form a dough. Divide the dough in half and form into two rounds. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease a 9x13-inch rimmed baking sheet with butter. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one disc of dough into an 11x15-inch rectangle, or to fit your baking sheet. Line the pan with 1 piece of dough and press into the bottom and sides. Roll out the second disc of dough to the same size rectangle and set aside.
- For the Peach filling: In a large bowl, stir together brown sugar, granulated sugar, cornstarch, ginger, cinnamon, salt, peaches, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Spread peach mixture evenly on the bottom of the dough-lined sheet pan. Top with the remaining rolled-out dough. Using fingers, press edges together to seal and tuck under. Create a fluted edge by pressing and pinching with your fingers.
- Using a paring knife, cut slits on top to vent.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon of water. Using a pastry brush, coat the top of the dough with the egg wash. Sprinkle top of the pie with turbinado sugar.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the crust is golden-brown.
- Remove pie from oven and set aside to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- To serve, cut into squares and garnish with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Tip: Have an excess of peaches? Chop them up and stir them into your ice cream for an extra punch of peach!
5 Ingredient Crinkle Cookies
Perfectly Spiced Roast Chicken
Classic Holiday Brisket
Polenta with Sausage Ragu and Fresh Mozzarella
Roasted Pork Shoulder in Banana Leaf
Holiday Gingerbread Cookie
Zabaglione with Berries and Chocolate
Rich Chocolate Bundt Cake with Toasted Almonds
PB&J Cereal French Toast
Everything Bagel Cracker and Spinach Dip