Michael shows you that this usually savory eastern European method of cooking can also make for a delicious dessert!
Peanut Butter and Banana Pierogies
- To make the dough, work the Egg, Sour Cream, Butter, Sugar and Salt together by hand to form a dough. Don't worry if the mixture is not uniform and, as with pie dough, don't overwork it. Add Flour and mix thoroughly with your hands until a dough forms. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Split the dough in half, reserve the remaining dough.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured work surface to a 1/8-inch thickness and cut it into 3-inch rounds. Spoon 1 tablespoon of Peanut Butter onto each round. Place a Banana coin over the Peanut Butter. Brush the edges with Egg Wash. Fold the dough over into half-moons and press the edges with a fork to seal them.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 inches of oil in a Dutch oven or fryer to 360°F.
- In batches, fry the Pierogies, until golden brown and crisp. Drain on a paper towel lined plate and brush with Honey. Sprinkle with Bacon and serve warm.