Pear Amaretto Soufflé
Carla's decadent sweet treat is a dessert that will surely wow your family and friends at your next get-together!
- step-by-step directions
Pear Amaretto Soufflé
- 6 small Seckel Pears
- 3 tablespoons Butter (plus more)
- 3 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 Vanilla Bean (split in half lengthwise)
- 6 large Eggs (separated)
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar (plus more)
- 1/4 cup Amaretto Liquor
- Port Reduction
- 1 cup Port (sweet, red)
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- Powdered Sugar (To Garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roast Pears for 30 minutes, until tender. Remove and set aside until cool enough to handle. Tear off the skin and discard.
- Using a pastry brush, brush softened Butter all over the inside of 6 8-ounce ramekins. Brush the Butter vertically up the insides of each ramekin. Dust the inside of the Buttered ramekins with Sugar, shaking out any excess. Place prepared ramekins on a baking sheet and set aside. Brush the outside of the Pears, up and down, with melted Butter. Dust Pear with Sugar and shake off any excess. Set aside.
- Using a paring knife, slice Vanilla Bean in half and scrape out the seeds. Pour Milk into a small saucepan with Vanilla Bean and seeds. Heat over medium-low until bubbles begin to form.
- Melt Butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add Flour and whisk to combine. Continue whisking and let cook for 2-3 minutes until raw flavor cooks out of Flour. Slowly add the Milk into the roux, whisking vigorously to combine. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together Egg Yolks, Sugar and a pinch of Salt until light yellow and thickened. Then whisk in the Amaretto. Staring with a tablespoon at a time, slowly incorporate the thickened Milk mixture into the Yolk-Amaretto mixture. Continue to slowly incorporate, continuously whisking, until fully incorporated. Let cool.
- Vigorously whisk the Egg Whites in a separate large bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold a whisk-full of the Egg Whites into the cooled Yolk-Amaretto mixture to loosen. Then, fold in the remaining whipped Whites in 3 parts.
- Immediately divide Soufflé mixture into prepared ramekins to fill 2/3 of the way up the sides. Place prepared Pears into the center of each ramekin. Place in the oven to bake right away until puffed and golden brown on top (about 10 minutes).
- While the Soufflés bake, prepare the Port Reduction Sauce. Combine the Port, Sugar and Cinnamon Sticks in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and stir until Sugar evaporates. Cook until liquid reduces by half. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Serve Pear Amaretto Soufflés drizzled with Port Reduction or some Melted Chocolate and a sprinkle of Powdered Sugar.
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat