Recreate this Italian classic at home with this quick and easy recipe.
Penne alla Vodka
- 6 slices Bacon
- 2 cloves Garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1 can Tomato Paste
- 1/4 cup Vodka
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Pinch Nutmeg
- 1 pound Penne
- 1 piece Parmigiano Reggiano (for grating)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook penne 1 minute short of the package instructions. Drain, reserving some pasta water for sauce.
- In a large saute pan, cook bacon over medium heat to render out fat. Cook for about 10 minutes until cooked but not too crispy. Add the garlic and tomato paste and cook until garlic is fragrant and tomato paste darkens.
- Stir in the vodka and cook for a few minutes to meld the flavors. Add cream and season with nutmeg and salt to taste. Adjust thickness of sauce with pasta water as needed. Add cooked penne and toss to coat.
- Serve with a generous sprinkling of Parmigiano-Reggiano.