Skewer up this chicken for a meal your whole family will love!
Peppery Chicken Kabobs
- For Marinade
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground (cayenne) red pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- For Kabobs
- 2 pounds skin on chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 each large white onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 each red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 12- inch sheet plastic wrap
- Wooden or metal skewers (recommend metal)
- 1 can (21.5 ounces) BUSH’S® Sweet Mesquite Grillin’ Beans®
- Optional Garnish: Fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- For Marinade:
- In large bowl, mix together garlic, paprika, red pepper, thyme, oil and salt.
- For Kabobs
- : Place chicken in bowl of marinade, turn to evenly coat. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours to overnight.
- Using skewers create kabob by threading chicken, onion and pepper, leaving 1/2-inch of space between each piece for even grilling. Alternate between chicken, onion and pepper until all pieces are used. (Tip: If using wooden skewers, soak in cold water for at least 1 hour before use to prevent burning).
- Season kabobs with salt and pepper.
- Set clean, well-oiled grill to medium-high heat. When grill is hot, using tongs, place kabobs on grill. Cook 4 minutes. Using tongs, flip kabobs and cook 5 minutes or until chicken internal temperature is at least 165 degrees F and onions and peppers are slightly crispy.
- Using tongs, remove kabobs from grill and place on platter. Garnish with parsley, as desired. Be sure to remove all ingredients from skewers before eating.
- Serve with BUSH’S Sweet Mesquite Grillin’ Beans.