These cookies are a delicious holiday treat!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons rum
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, cinnamon, allspice, black pepper, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom and baking soda and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the butter and sugar and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add molasses, egg, vanilla and rum and mix to combine.
- Turn the mixture to low speed, add the flour and beat until combined. Form the dough into tablespoons, shape into balls and place on baking sheet. Bake until cookies are golden brown and slightly cracked, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven to a wire rack to cool. Dust with confectioners sugar using a sifter.
- Helpful Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks!
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Desserts Cookies Holidays & Occasions Christmas Christmas Cookies
rate this recipe
Cheesy Garlic Donuts
Red Wine Salted Popcorn
Chocolate Baseball Extravaganza
Gazpacho Bloody Mary
Thai Fried Shrimp Cakes with Sweet Chili Sauce
Fried Peach Hand-Pies
Taco Grilled Cheese
Lemon Tendercake with Blueberry Compote
Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese
Jam & Gin
Bacon and Ramp Scrambled Eggs