A tasty addition for spring!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 pound ramps (root ends trimmed, dark green leaves and bulbs separated, leaves saved for another use)
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- In a heat-safe glass jar, pack ramps as tightly as possible and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add white wine vinegar, rice wine vinegar, water, salt and sugar. Whisk to combine and bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook, whisking occasionally until sugar has dissolved, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour hot liquid over ramps and allow to come to room temperature, uncovered.
- Once ramp mixture has cooled, cover and refrigerate for to 1 month.
- Tip: Use this recipe as a base to pickle your favorite vegetables, like red onions or peppers!
rate this recipe
Skirt Steak with Roasted Pepper Salsa
Lemon Blueberry Cornmeal Cake
Orange Beer Spritz
Mint Cantaloupe Slushie
Garlic Parmesan Ranch Chicken with Potatoes
Seaside Crab Dip
Charred Broccoli Salad
BBQ Ranch Chicken Pull-Apart Sliders
Toasted Almond Bons